- What Personal date do we hold?
In order to provide you with a high standard of dental/medical care and attention, we need to hold personal information about you. This personal data comprises:
- - Your past and current medical and dental condition; personal details such as your age, national insurance number, address, telephone number and general medical practitioner, next of kin
- - Radiographs, clinical photographs and study models
- - Information about the treatment that we have provided or propose to provide and its cost
- - Notes of conversations/incidents that might occur for which a records needs to be kept
- - Records of consent to treatment
- - Any correspondence relating to you with other health care professionals, for example in the hospital or community service
- Disclosure of information
In order to provide proper and safe dental care, we may need to disclose personal Information about you to:
- - Your general medical practitioner
- - The hospital or community dental service
- - Other health professionals caring of you
- - NHS payment authorities
- - The Inland Revenue
- - The Benefits agency, where you are claiming exemption or remission from the NHS charges
- - Private dental schemes of which you are a member
Disclosure will take place on a „need-to-know” basis, so that only those individuals/organisations who need to know in order to provide care to you for the proper administration of Government (whose personnel are covered by strict confidentiality rules) will be given the information. Only the information that the recipient needs to know will be disclosed.
- Security of information
Personal data about you is held in the practice’s computer system and/or in manual filing system. The information is not accessible to the public and only authorised members of staff have access to it. Our computer has secure audit trails and we back up information routinely. Our off site backups are encrypted.
- Your right in relation to your data
The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- - THE RIGHT TO BE INFORMED
- - THE RIGHT OF ACCESS
- - THE RIGHT TO ‘CORRECTION’
- - THE RIGHT OF ‘ERASURE’ (the ‘right to be forgotten’)
- - THE RIGHT OF ‘RESTRICTION’
- - THE RIGHT TO DATA ‘PORTABILITY’
- - THE RIGHT TO ‘OBJECT’
- - RIGHT NOT TO HAVE AUTOMATED DECISIONS MADE ABOUT YOU
- Use the cookies:
- Patient Consent:
The laws around General Data Protection Regulation and how we can contact you have changed.
We Victoria Dental & Healthcare Ltd, we are required to obtain a consent from all our patients allowing us to contact them via phone, text, email or by letter in the post relationship to their appointments, newsletters or any special offers.
We are very careful with our patient’s data and only share this information with appropriate healthcare professionals as we know how important your privacy is.
Please note If you change your mind and would like to change how we communicate with you in the future it can easily be done by contacting the practice on email: email@example.com or filling this form in again.
- Contact us:
Alternatively, you can contact us at Victoria Dental & Healthcare Ltd using the following postal address or telephone numbers:
109 corporation street
M4 4DX Manchester
Phone: 0161 8324153 /0745 026 6440
- Changes to the policy:
We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website. We encourage users to frequently check this page for any changes to be informed how we are protecting your personal data.
Last updated 23/05/2018