BOTOX® Cosmetic is one of the most extensively studied medical aesthetic treatments and is approved for cosmetic use in 78 countries. BOTOX® Cosmetic has a record of experience that aesthetic specialists know and trust. And, the safety and efficacy of BOTOX® Cosmetic have been evaluated in both Allergan sponsored clinical trials as well as in 417 peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals. We don’t cut corners and neither should you.
Non-surgical, quick and effective, Botox® injections can smooth out forehead wrinkles, crows-feet, and neck lines. At the Victoria Clinic, we're known for our light touch - you don't have to worry about looking frozen or overdone. Instead, you'll look fresh, revitalised and rejuvenated.
- Anti-wrinkle injections in our Clinic are performed exclusively by doctors, using only the highest quality Botox.
- Our tailored treatments are designed to suit your individual needs
- We'll help you look fresh, not frozen.
What you need to know...
When you're considering something like Botox, you need to know: what it is, how effective it is, what can be achieved, and what to expect from the treatment process. When you're choosing where to have a treatment, you should also make sure you know how qualified the practitioners are, how clean and safe the clinic is, and how willing they are to talk through all of your questions and concerns beforehand.
What is Botulinum Toxin?
BOTOX® Cosmetic contains tiny amounts of a highly purified botulinum toxin protein refined from the bacterium, Clostridium botulinum. Formulations, potency, and approved doses vary among botulinum toxin products, which means that one product cannot take the place of another. Those are a few reasons why there is no such thing as a “generic” form of BOTOX®
How does it work?
It works by blocking signals from the nerves to the muscles, resulting in a temporary weakness or paralysis of the muscle. The wrinkles in the skin over the muscle are then relaxed and softened, reducing their appearance.
By injecting small amounts of Botox very precisely, we can make sure your face looks softer and smoother without completely freezing the muscles, resulting in a more natural look.
What areas can be treated?
The most common areas where Botox is used are often the ones where the best results are seen - forehead wrinkles, frown lines, crow’s feet and neckbands. Botox can also be used for bunny lines on the nose, to elevate the tip of the nose and to make the jawline appear slimmer. Excessive sweating can also be treated with the use of Botox injections.
What does the process involve?
All treatments begin with a consultation with a doctor, during which we will take a full medical history to ensure your suitability, and we'll discuss the benefits and any potential side effects. You'll have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
The actual treatment takes between 15 and 30 minutes, depending on how many areas you are having treated. We use micro-needles to reduce any discomfort associated with the injections.
After your treatment you can return to your normal daily activities immediately, although we recommend that you avoid exercise for 4 hours and do not massage the treated area for 24 hours.
We recommend a review appointment 2 weeks after your treatment, to make sure that you have the results you were looking for. Any adjustments will be carried out at this time and are free of charge. Once we have tailored the treatment to your requirements most people do not need to return repeatedly for review appointments after each treatment.
What will I look like after the treatment?
Our Doctors are extremely careful to ensure that by the time the treatment is done, most people would show no signs of having had a treatment. If there is any residual redness, we'll apply mineral make-up so you can return back to work or resume your normal daily activities immediately without any need to feel self-conscious.
How long does it take to see a result and how long does it last?
Everyone reacts slightly differently, so there's no hard and fast rule, but generally you'll start to see results within a couple of days and the final result at around 2 weeks. The effects typically last between 3 and 5 months for most people.
What are the side effects?
Side effects are uncommon, generally mild and temporary. Although we use a tiny needle during a treatment, there is still a small chance of occasional side effects such as bruising, discomfort, slight redness and possible headache on the day of your treatment.
The rarest side effect is a lowering of the upper brow or eyelid, which can occur when frown/forehead muscles are over injected.
What is the best age to start having Botox?
Although younger patients (mid to late 20s) are a minority, we do have clients in this age group. Generally they are focused on prevention rather than treatment of existing wrinkles, as some studies suggest that Botox at a younger age may be effective in delaying the ageing process. With that in mind, all treatment decisions are made on an individual and ethical basis.
- Your visit to Victoria Clinic
- On arrival to Victoria Clinic all new patients will be asked to complete a confidential patient registration and medical history form and all existing patients will need to confirm if there have been any changes to their medical history or personal details since their last visit.
- Your consultation will begin by listening to and understanding your concerns and requirements and discussing how best we can meet and exceed your expectations.
- The various treatment options, together with the benefits and any potential risks of the treatment will be discussed.
- You will have ample opportunity to ask questions during your consultation, which will be answered honestly and openly.
Can I have a consultation and treatment on the same day?
- We appreciate that many of our patients have very busy schedules or travel a significant distance to attend our clinics and have often done significant research regarding the treatment prior to their consultation. It is therefore possible to carry out a treatment like Botox immediately after your consultation.
- If you think you are likely to want to proceed with the treatment after the consultation, then please let us know when you book, so we can make sure your appointment time is long enough.
- You're under absolutely no obligation to proceed to a treatment after your consultation, so if you'd like to go away and think about things, please do. We just want you to have the best possible experience.
- All needle based treatments carry a small possibility of causing bruising - but there are things you can do to minimise this risk further. We advise that you don't take anti-inflammatory pain killers (e.g. Aspirin, Ibruprofen Nurofen, Voltarol), St Johns Wart, or Vitamin E supplements for at least a week before your treatment, as they all increase your tendency towards bleeding.
- Alcohol will also increase your tendency towards bleeding therefore we advise you to refrain from alcohol for 24 hours prior to a treatment.
- Recent studies have shown that people deficient in zinc do not get the optimal results from their Botox treatment, as zinc is required to bind with Botox. Therefore, in order to achieve the best results from your treatment, you may wish to take Zinc supplements for a few days prior to your treatment and on the day of your treatment.
- Before your treatment you will be provided with a detailed consent form which you will be asked to read and sign.
- We advise that you come in for a review after 2 weeks, to ensure the desired results have been achieved. Any adjustments/top up treatment carried out at this time are free of charge
- Please note that your review and possible top-up treatment must be completed within 2-3 weeks of your initial treatment. After 3 weeks we will not be able to offer complimentary top up treatments and additional treatment will incur additional costs.
- Once we have tailored the treatment to your requirements, most people do not need to return repeatedly for review appointments after each treatment.
- Wrinkle between the eyebrows £150
- Horizontal forehead wrinkles £150
- Whole forehead £250
- Wrinkles around eyes (crow’s feet) £150
- Wrinkles on neck £150
- Platyzma from £250
- Botox lift (eyes, forehead, lion’s wrinkle) £290
- Hyperhidrosis for Armpits £350
- Hyperhidrosis for Palms £350
- Migraine treatment £300
- Bruxism treatment £350
*Consultation cost (£50) is deducted from treatment if done within 1 month from initial visit.Prices include a review and top up procedure if required, which must be completed within 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately, after this time we are unable to offer top up complimentary treatments.